Demand for high-quality technical talent in financial services, banking, and fintech is exploding. It’s increasingly difficult for technical recruiters targeting these industries to deliver talent in sufficient quantities, especially with stiff competition for tech talent from the tech industry and others.
This raises a question: How can you, as a technical recruiter serving these industries, get better results for clients, and grow your career?
One great way is by participating in the right conferences. Our hand-picked list of the top 35 conferences for technical recruiters targeting financial services, banking, and fintech—presented at the bottom of this post—is a useful resource for finding great events around the globe.
How can participating in conferences help you? The benefits include:
- Increase your credibility and build your personal brand (through presenting)
- Meet valuable connections and find new clients (through networking)
- Find potential talent (through networking)
- Learn strategies that will help you recruit better and meet clients’ needs (through attending sessions)
- Discover new technologies that will save you time and help you get better results (through attending trade shows)
How do you select the right events? Unfortunately, it’s not a good idea to just pick at random from our list of 35 conferences. Selecting the right events does take a bit of research. In our opinion, it’s particularly important to consider:
- Who will be there: If people and companies you’d like to meet or know will be at an event, the networking alone can have great value. Look at conferences’ audience demographics and exhibitor lists for insights.
- What’s being talked about: This may be even more important than who will be there, because participating in conferences with the right topics can help you serve your clients. For example, if your clients are concerned with diversity and inclusion, the candidate experience, or quality hiring, learning the latest research, knowledge, and strategies can go a long way. Learn about key topics being covered by examining conference programs.
You may be thinking, “Who has the time to participate in a bunch of conferences?” Well, not many people. But the good news is you DON’T have to be present at an event to take part. You can also participate remotely by using events’ Twitter hashtags before, during, and after the events. For some good suggestions, see Hubgets blog post, “Participating Remotely in Conferences: 3 Things to Know.”
One final note: If you’re interested in presenting (many conferences are interested in getting insights from recruiters), you typically need to apply for speaking slots at least six months, and as much as a year or more, prior to a conference. That means you’ll probably need to wait until the 2022 conference to apply to speak at many of these events. Also, if you’re new to speaking, you may need to get some experience at smaller recruiting events to earn opportunities to speak at events like those below.
The Top 35 Conferences in 2021 for technical recruiters targeting financial services, banking, and fintech
Jan. 15 ICSTEM 2021, Melbourne, Australia.
Jan. 19 TAtec Leadership Summit on AI & Machine Learning, Virtual.
Jan. 25-29 Talent Acquisition Week, Virtual.
Jan. 25-29 Social Recruiting Strategies Conference, Virtual.
Jan. 28 FinTech Asia 2021, Bangkok, Thailand.
Feb. 3-4 Artificial Intelligence in Financial Services 2021, Virtual.
Feb. 16 HR Tech Conference & Awards, Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
Feb. 17-18 Latam Mobile Summit, Virtual.
Feb. 17-19 Developer Week, Virtual.
Mar. 3-5 HRcoreLAB summit, Virtual.
Mar. 8-11 SIA Executive Forum, Virtual.
Mar. 9-11 SourceCon, Virtual.
Mar. 16-17 MarTech West, Virtual.
Mar. 16-19 HR Tech 2021, Virtual.
Mar. 17-18 HR West, Virtual.
Mar. 24-26 FinTech India and Blockchain Summit, New Delhi, India.
Apr. 8-9 Technology, Knowledge & Society, University of Melbourne.
Apr. 11-14 HR Virginia 2021, Virtual.
Apr. 14 Empire Startups Fintech Conference, New York, USA.
Apr. 19-21 SHRM Talent Management Conference, Virtual or Las Vegas, USA.
Apr. 19-22 IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, Virtual.
Apr. 28-30 Direct Employers Annual Meeting & Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
May. 11-13 Virtual Employee Engagement Summit, Virtual.
May. 18-19 UNLEASH America 2021, Las Vegas, USA.
May. 27 recruitDC, Falls Church, VA, USA.
May. 28-29 HR Summit 2021, Mumbai, India.
Jun. 8-9 d&i Leaders Global Forum 2021, London, UK.
Jun. 20-23 SHRM Annual Conference, Chicago.
Aug. 17-20 International Design Engineering & Technical Conferences and Computers & Information in Engineering Conference, Virtual.
Aug. 29 – Sep. 1 ATD21, Virtual.
Sep. 28 – Oct. 1 HRTech World, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.
Oct. 5-7 TechRecruit Conference 2021, Virtual.
Oct. 10-13 The HR Southwest Conference, Dallas, TX, USA.
Nov. 2-4 The i4cp 2021 Conference, Virtual.
Nov. 8-10 Gartner ReimagineHR Conference 2021, San Diego, CA.